Medical cannabis refers to the entire, unprocessed marijuana plant or its basic extracts which are used to treat symptoms of diseases and other illnesses. Marijuana has been known to improve lung health, combat glaucoma, ease pains of sclerosis, deal with inflammatory bowels, slow Alzheimer’s disease, reduce the side effects of Hepatitis C, improve metabolism, reduce seizures, and even stop the spread of cancer.
These are other benefits of marijuana when used for medicinal purposes:
Marijuana aids veterans to overcome Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and it has already been allowed to treat the disorder in some states. In fact, in New Mexico, PTSD is the top reason why some people are licensed to use medical cannabis. The Department of Health and Human Services also proposed that studies regarding the potential of the drug should be carried out to treat veterans with PTSD.
Marijuana eases PTSD because it contains THC that helps regulate the system which causes anxiety and fear in the brain and body.
Keeps the brain protected after a stroke
According to a research by the University of Nottingham, cannabis can help safeguard the brain from damage caused by stroke, by decreasing the area affected by stroke. Although the experiment was conducted with mice, rats, and monkeys as subjects, it still opens new doors for humans.
Other studies also show that marijuana can help protect the brain from concussions and other side effects brought by traumatic events.
Reduces pain and nausea from chemotherapy
Medical marijuana is also used to decrease the terrible aches by chemotherapy. It then helps patients to overcome the process which includes vomiting and loss of appetite as well.
With marijuana, cancer patients can undergo a more comfortable chemotherapy since the wonder drug relieves the pain, lessens nausea, and stimulates appetite.
read more about cannabis
You’ve probably encountered a lot of articles about breadmaking online, but this will change the way you see bread machines. Allow us to persuade you to purchase one right after reading this.
Let the hypnotizing begin!
Bread machines are sooooo easy to use
If you’re not good at baking, that won’t be an issue. They’re tailored to make your life easier. You just have to follow the recipes and instructions, and you can enjoy homemade bread in the comfort of your own home! No more complicated instructions and no more unhealthy store-bought bread!
They make fresh bread
Who doesn’t want to wake up in the morning with the aroma of fresh bread? Bread machines are techy nowadays that they have timers for you to set when they start baking. Now, it’s possible to get out of bed and eat your favorite bread for breakfast! All you have to do is prepare the ingredients beforehand, set the timer, and let the machine do the job for you. That’s it!
They let you control the ingredients
Bread machines allow you to make whatever recipe you have in mind. Imagine, you can make a garlic bread or chocolate chip bread anytime you want! Plus, you can pick the ingredients you wish your bread to have, which is beneficial for people who are picky and have allergies. Not to mention you can add your favorite nuts, seeds, and dried fruits too! How amazing is that?
They are versatile
These devices can make more than bread too. Did you know that you can make your own sauce, pasta, cake, jam, and even your own pizza crust with a bread machine? How breadtaking, right?
They save your money
Whether or not you have special dietary restrictions, making homemade bread can save money by up to $400 a year! They might seem expensive at first, but trust me, you’ll get more of what you bargained for if you make your own bread. Because, let’s just be honest, store-bought bread, no matter how “healthy” they claim to be, have fewer nutrients than homemade bread. With your bread maker, you don’t only save your money, you also save your family from the false claims of commercial bread!
Managing your weight is not always easy. There will be days when it feels like you are not making progress. Whether you are aiming to maintain a healthy weight or lose excess pounds, it is the small but stead changes that you make that helps you in the long run. Here are the some simple daily hacks for losing or maintaining weight that you can do to protect your health.
1. Take note of what you eat. Keeping a food journal may not be the sole solution to weight concerns. But it will help you take a good look at your eating habits. It can help you see the roadblocks that are hindering you from achieving your weight goal. It puts your food choices and food-related behaviors in perspective. Using the information, you can evaluate your weight management strategy to make the necessary changes, if needed.
2. Focus on nutrition-based diet. One of the simple diet changes to lose weight that you can do is to make healthier food choices. You can consult with your doctor or dietician on how you can create a healthy eating plan. There are also several online resources you can access to guide you in planning simple and healthy meals.
3. Limit sweetened drinks in your diet. Heed a well-known advice and drink plenty of water every day. Avoid soda and other sugary as well as high-calorie drinks. You may also have to limit drinking fruit juices, especially those with sugar or sweetener.
4. Pay attention to portion sizes. A healthy diet is anchored on balance and moderation. You may be eating the right foods, but it may still be tough to lose weight if you keep overeating. Pay attention not just to what you are eating but also on how much of it you are consuming at any given meal or snack.
5. Make space for more color on your plate. Add more fruits and vegetables on your plate every meal time. When your plate does not look bright and colorful, it means you are missing out on the essential nutrients plant-based foods give.
6. Get your fats right. Not all fats are bad for you. The good ones are actually essential in keeping a healthy diet. Get the health-friendly fats from food like nuts, olive oil, and omega-3 fatty acids from certain types of fishes.
7. Have a plan for social dining. Dining out does not have to ruin your dietary plans. You just have to be better prepared for occasions like holiday festivities, parties, or when eating out in restaurants. You can still enjoy these things without the guilt by making the same smart food decisions you normally do at home or at work.